Dwayne Bravo became the first bowler to go past 300 wickets in Twenty20s when he picked up 4/22 for Gujarat Lions in their opening game of the Indian Premier League against Kings XI Punjab.
Bravo's 300th wicket was David Miller, the Kings XI Punjab skipper. He dismissed Miller for 15 with a slow, loopy yorker which flummoxed the batsman.These are the list of statistical achievements by Bravo.
- Bravo is the first bowler to pick up 300 wickets in Twenty20s when he picked up 4/22 against Kings XI Punjab. He achieved it in his 292nd match. Lasith Malinga is not too far behind, with 299 wickets in 221 games.
- Bravo's 292 Twenty20 matches is the second-most by any player in the format. His West Indies and Trinidad and Tobago team-mate, Kieron Pollard, has played 300 matches.
- Out of bowlers who have taken more than 250 wickets in T20s, Bravo has the lowest average with 24.04. Malinga has the best average with 18.08.
- Bravo picked up his seventh four-wicket hauls in Twenty20s, the sixth-best among all bowlers. Sunil Narine and Yasir Arafat have the most four-wicket hauls with 10 each, while Umar Gul and Lasith Malinga have taken four-wicket hauls eight times. Bravo is level with Australia's Dirk Nannes.
- Bravo is only the second pace bowler in Indian Premier League history to take over 100 wickets. In 92 games, he has picked up 109 wickets at an average of 20.94. Malinga leads the pack with 143 wickets from 98 games at an average of 17.80